Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Update Day 2, 600 Miles

Day 2 went very well and was uneventful. I left the hotel at 9 am and made it to McAllen, TX at 8:30 pm. I rode most of the day along the Mexico border and saw many Border Patrol agents keeping those Damn Mexicans, which are soon to be my friends, on their side of the border. I did stop and get a picture of the Pecos River just before it empties into The Rio Grande. It was actually pretty nice for Texas.

I met up with Mike Tyree my riding partner in McAllen at the Motel 6. He had been there a few hours and was running around to WalMart trying to replace items that were stolen off of his bike the night before in Wharton, TX south east of Houston. Once he was done with that we went for our final American meal at The Olive Garden (It was next to our hotel). We talked about our expectations of the trip and of each other. I seems like things should work out.

No comments: