Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Update Day 1, 949 miles

My first day got off to a late start. I was waiting on some paperwork to arrive via FedEx and then needed to go to the DMV. The package showed up at 10 am and I finished with the DMV at 10:30. Sylvia came home from work to see me off but decided it would be a little more romantic and meaningful if she bought me lunch first. So off to Burger King we went! Lunch was as to be expected so we ate quickly and after a short goodbye I was on my way at 11:30 am pacific time.

I was making good time but was still behind schedule so I pushed on into the night more than I would have liked to. The temperatures dropped quickly. In Arizona it was mid 40's and New Mexico ranged from 32 to 39 degrees. Then my favorite state of all had a little bit more in store for me. It hit a low of 29 degrees but luck was on my side and it was dry. I managed to pull into Van Horn Texas which is about 120 mile east of El Paso at 4:45 am central time. Motel 6 was nice enough to leave the light on for me.

No comments: