Thursday, January 31, 2008

Update Day 17, 85 Miles

January 27, 2008

Today is going to be a change of pace for me. For the next week I will no longer be going solo.

I start out with breakfast and a good scrub down on the bike then back on the road. My destination is Managua airport to meet Sylvia. I leave at 10:45 and arrive at the airport at 12:20, 5 minutes before she walks out from clearing customs. I greet her at the same time she sees her aunt there waiting to pick her up. We go through all the hello’s and stuff and then head for their house. I closely follow them so as not to get lost it the city. A short while later, at 1:00, we arrive at the house and I am done riding for the day.

Sylvia’s family was very welcoming to us and they even had a nice new bottle of rum, coke and ice waiting for our arrival. Those of you who know how kind hearted I am and not wanting to offend their customs, I dove right in. Once feeling good, it was time for us to make some phone calls and do some updating.

Now that I am on old pro at riding at night we decide to go to dinner with her family but they do not drive at night. Therefore they do the next best thing and throw me the keys, and once again not to offend I accept. As a side note it had been a few hours since my last drink. We end up dining at a nice restaurant that her mother recommended named Los Rancheros. It was a steak house and the food and company was very good. It was an uneventful drive home and an end to yet another good day.

No comments: