Thursday, January 31, 2008

Update Day 19, 129 Miles

January 29, 2008

The day before Sylvia and I made a reservation to do a Rainforest Canopy tour which we scheduled for 10 am. I got up around 8 and headed out to the Pharmacy to get some Vitamin C. I think I got a bit of a chest cold sleeping at her aunts house because it did not have air conditioning and we slept with a fan blowing directly of us. Anyway I hoped some Vitamin C would help.

Back at the hotel we had a quick breakfast and off to the canopy tour. It was a great time. They put you in a harness and you go from tree to tree on cables strung between them. After that we decided to go to Isla Ometepe, the same Island that the other guys and I tried to do a few days earlier. We rode about 45 minutes to the South and I decided it was time for an oil change on the bike. We stopped at the local gas station and it was done in 30 minutes with some help from the local mechanic and my tools because he had almost nothing. At the time of the oil change my bike was a day short of it’s 3 week birthday and it had 6,220 miles.

With some fresh oil in the bike and us needing some relaxation time we headed for the ferry to the island. We waited about and hour for the boat to get in from it’s earlier round trip only to find that they had a mechanical failure and will be delayed at least an hour They did say we might be able to get on the smaller boat but they will have to ask the captain due to the weight of my bike. We contemplated for a while and after looking at the boat and my bike at the bottom of the lake we opted out. We then decided to head north to an all inclusive resort by the name of Montelimar. It took a little bit over an hour to get there but it was worth it. It is a huge resort with a lot of hammocks, beach front and most importantly, an open bar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Glad to see you guys living la vida loca as Tarzan & Jane ~ All that is missing from this photo is the banana leaves :)